So if you are good with people and have a passion for safe driving this could be the right career for you. Become an Williams Driving School :
- Be your own boss
- Choose your own working hours – part time or full
- Work locally from your home
- Discover real job satisfaction
You can start applying to become an approved driving instructor (ADI).
- Get a criminal record check for driving instructors
- Apply to the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) to start the process
- Take and pass the 3 qualifying tests
- Apply for your first ADI badge
Criminal record check
You need to get a criminal record check from a company called TMG CRB – they provide criminal record check services for the DSA.
Apply to the DSA
When you have your criminal record disclosure, you can apply to become an ADI.
You can also read DSA’s guide to the ADI register.
About the qualification you need
To legally operate as a driving instructor in the UK you are required to pass the DVSA Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) qualifying examination which is split into three parts.
- Part 1 is a PC based multiple choice theory and hazard perception test similar to the current test for learner drivers but to a higher standard
- Part 2 is a driving test, again similar to the current test for learner drivers but to a higher standard
- Part 3 is a practical test of your ability to instruct where the examiner plays the role of a learner driver
To pass the above tests you will receive the very best training available from our dedicated tutor. For us, it is vital that you pass the ADI examination and go on to become a established and successful driving instrucor as quickly as possible.
Cost of training
So if you are serious about becoming a driving instructor choose wisely and train with a company that has a great track recold.
The training course fee is based on a hourly, pay as you need rate. So no big outlay before you start .
Immediately upon qualifying with us we offer a great low cost franchise package.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more please call Dave Williams on 01803 370087